- Here is the recipe:
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1) Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot. 2) Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained. 3) Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked. 4) Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
- I served it over rice with corn bread and salad on the side.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Unless I have just gone to the store, I rarely have defrosted, fresh meat sitting in my fridge. I am ultra paranoid about food born illness so I will either buy meat and cook it the same day or will freeze it. So when I saw this recipe from Food.com for Creamy Salsa Chicken that used frozen chicken breasts, I was excited. And even better, I had all the ingredients on hand.