This recipe from Food.com is called “Easy Crock Pot Lasagne” although I wouldn’t exactly call it “easy” but it definitely wasn’t hard and it turned out delicious so I would make it again. The reason I wouldn’t call this easy is because before layering your lasagne in the crockpot you have to make the meat sauce and combine the cheese which means extra work, time and dirty pans. But I love being able to leave the crockpot running while I run errands and go about my day. And everything always turns out so good in the crockpot. No burnt edges or dry food. Perfection every time! So here is the recipe if you want to try it! We are looking forward to having the leftovers tomorrow :o)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Brown beef, add onion and garlic – cook until onion is softened.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano – mix well.
3. Spread one fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased slow cooker. Arrange one third of the noodles over the sauce.
4. Combine the cheeses.
5. Spoon one third of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
6. Repeat layers twice.
7. Top with remaining meat sauce.