Now that it is officially too cold and rainy to be playing outside (at least for me), I needed some fun things we could do indoors to keep my 2-year-old occupied. I have been wanting to make him a sensory tub for awhile and finally got the supplies to put it all together.
Here is what I used:
- 27 quart clear latch lid bin from Target
- 16 lbs dry pinto beans (I've been buying them when I see them on sale at Fred Meyer and Albertsons)
- toys from around the house including plastic shovel, rack, sifter and cup
I took a picture of the toys I hid in the dig pit, labeled them and printed them out on a sheet of paper. Now its a treasure hunt!
He was very excited when he found the ball :o)
Tips for keeping the beans from spilling:
- use a deep bin (the deeper and wider the better)
- place a towel under the bin to keep spilled bean from rolling around the floor. Its also an easy way to clean up - just gather up the towel and dump beans back in.