All four of us were sick with colds at some point in the past two weeks. And it hit hubs and I the hardest. We were in need of some hearty beef stew to help us get over this sickness once and for all!
I really try to keep the recipes I use as simple as possible. And when I am feeling under the weather, I don’t have the energy to do anything complicated. So this recipe was perfect for us since you only need a handful of ingredients and barely any prep work.
– 3 16oz bags of frozen stew vegetables
– 1.5lbs cubed stew meat
– 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 10.5oz can beef broth
– 1 cup water
– 1 cup flour
1. Dump frozen veggies in the bottom of the crock pot
2. In a separate bowl, coat the beef cubes with flour. (you can add a little salt if desired). Add to crock pot.
3. Pour can of diced tomatoes, beef broth and 1 cup water into crock pot and mix up.
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Of course you could always use fresh veggies but the frozen packages were just too convenient to pass up this week. The recipe turned out great! Even little brother enjoyed it. We all had seconds and then the rest over rice the next day.