Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

I love discovering all of the different foods you can cook in the crock pot! I found this idea for crock pot baked potatoes over at Skip To My Lou. They are so simple and saved me time and energy. Wrap them in foil and pop them into the slow cooker in the morning and they will be piping hot and baked to the perfect softness by the evening. Sure you can microwave your potatoes (gross) or put them in the oven. But then you have to monitor them and time it just right. I hate trying to calculate when to start dinner and then make sure and be home at that time. Ok, enough convincing. Here is what you do:

-Wash the potatoes (I used Russet Potatoes) and dry them.
-Wrap each one in aluminum foil and stack them in the crock pot.

– Cook on low for 8 hours.
– Top with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, bacon, cheese, and chives!

I served mine with a small bowl of broccoli cheddar soup. This dinner was hit! Big brother especially loved being able to “decorate” his own potato.

Comments

These look so yummy! I always struggle with baked potatoes. I'll have to give it a try. This may be my new favorite way to make them.

How cool! I just followed you. I like creativity, and I'm learning to crochet. Looks like your blog will be very helpful. Found you via Live Laugh Rowe's linky Thursday. :)

Donna, When I came across your blog a couple months ago, I loved the design so much, I immediately e-mailed Lindsay! Thank you for being an inspiration. And thanks for much for sharing this on your Facebook page! Glad to be your newest Facebook friend :o) -Sarah

It's funny because I had just been thinking about this. I made baked potatoes for the the first time in a while this past week. When I did, I had in the back of my mind that it was possible to make them in the crock pot! I'll definitely give this a try next time. Were the skins soft or crispy?

Thanks for sharing at Food Adventure Friday!