Our vegetable garden is in full bloom! So far we’ve had lots of beautiful yellow squash and sugar snap peas. The tomatoes are still green and we are anxious for them to turn red and juicy and ready for pickin’. So while I wait for our garden tomatoes to ripen, I curbed my craving with this yummy Creamy Tomato Crock Pot Chicken. The basic recipe is over at BettyCrocker.com but I made some changes along the way.
– 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 2-4 cloves finely chopped garlic (depending on how much you like garlic! I used one clove for each chicken breast)
– 1 teaspoon basil
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1 (15oz) jar Alfredo sauce
– 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes (drained)
– 1 (8oz) pouch Old El Paso roasted tomato Mexican cooking sauce
1. Spray bottom of crock pot with cooking spray and place in chicken breasts.
2. Cover chicken with garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. In separate bowl, combine alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes and mexican cooking sauce. Pour over chicken.
4. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
5. Serve over penne pasta and top with mozarella or italian cheese!