Happy first day of Fall! No better way to celebrate the season than with this delicious Overnight Crock Pot Apple Butter. Just like the title says, you want to slow cook this overnight in order for the apples to soften and the flavors to meld together. Your house will smell AMAZING while this cooking. I seriously woke up in the middle of the night hungry because my house smelled like apple pie filling 🙂 Can this up and give it as gifts but be sure to save some for yourself because it is great on toast (or french toast!), raisin bread, biscuits, scones, or how about a peanut butter/apple butter sandwich!
– 10 Granny Smith Apples
– One 47oz jar of unsweetened apple sauce
– 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
– 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
– 4 cups sugar
– 1 cup (8oz) apple juice
1. Peal, core, and cut apples into small pieces.
2. Add all ingredients into crock pot and stir.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours (overnight).
4. In the morning use a whisk to stir it smooth.
5. Set crock pot uncovered on high and continue to cook for 2-4 hours, allowing the butter to cook down and thicken.
Makes about 8 pints.
Keeps for about 3 weeks in the fridge, one year in the freezer.
This is what it should look like after cooking it overnight.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This is what it looks like after you whisk it.
After 4 hours uncovered on high, you should be able to stand a spoon in it!