Crochet Monster Hats

My boys are turning 1 and 3 on the same weekend in March. This means we are having one BIG party for the both of them! I decided on a monster theme so get ready for a slew of monster related crafts this month :o) But the first order of business was to crochet them monster hats! I want to share with you the pattern I followed, but to tell you the truth, I kind of pieced this together from a bunch of different patterns so bear with me while I explain what I did.

I started by following Alli Crafts Earflap Hat pattern. This is one of my go-to patterns because it works up quickly and ranges from preemie-toddler sizes. The blue hat is toddler size and the green hat is 9-12 month size. I left off the earflaps on the blue toddler hat and ended with two rows of red. One thing I always change when following her directions is instead of chaining 3 at the beginning of each round, I chain 2 (do not count it as a dc), start my round in the same stitch as my ch 2 and then join my round to the first dc. It hides the seam much better this way.

For the spikes and the eye I followed The Boy Trifecta’s Monster Hat Pattern. For the eye I added in a 3rd color and made it larger. And the spikes I made shorter.

The mouth is just a series of chains. Just stop at desired length.

And the Tooth pattern is as follows:
Chain 6.
Sl st into second chain from hook then sc, hdc, dc, dc.
Fasten off leaving long tail to sew on.

I hope you were able to follow all of that. Let me know if you have any questions!
Here are my two little monsters trying on their new hats.

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photo’s as your own.***

Comments

1. Cynthia says

I didn't read your comment about hiding the seam until after I finished my first hat. I'll have to try your method for my next one! So cute, thanks for sharing.

made your owl hat this weekend. my family went nuts over it. i've been crocheting hats for awhile now, and i have to tell ya, your hidden seam tip is PRICELESS!!! thanks for posting for free!

love this hat but when i tried the pattern it came out flat like a pancake. Is this normal I did up to round 9 hoping this would correct the problem but it didnt. would like to make this for my grandson (he is 2) could you please let me know what i did wrong. I used the same hook and counted all my stitches so I am truly stumped.

not sure if you figured this out yet or not but I thought the same thing when I started making hats like this one, I'm new to crocheting and was a little confused as well when I started but the rows 8-13 is where it starts becoming more of a hat up to this point it should be relatively flat and than these rows are where you are building down your hat. Hope this makes sense

I am new to crocheting. And since I have learned I have been doing project after project making things for my 10 month old son. I have been looking for a good Monster hat pattern and I love this one. Thank you so much for posting. I also love your site by the way. I have actually done other patterns off your site. My fav so far has been the owl hat one. I will deffiently tell my crochet friend about you. She will love your site more. :] thanks again for taking your time to post this stuff. Its great!

5. Josephine says

Super! Made the first one today, exactly the bleu-red one because my three year old son wanted it just like yours. This evening I'll make another one for my (almost) two-year-old!

Thank you for sharing the monster hat pattern with the links to the other blogs.I made one for my grandson, and it turned out so cute!

These are great! Do you have a trick to making the additions seem less bulky? My husband says my eyes on my other hats stick out too much. Any suggestions?

Love this hat. I want to make the green and yellow for my friends baby who is due in September. I was wondering what yarn you used for that particular hat?

11. Danielle says

Apparently the link to the spikes portion is no longer working (domain has expired). Do you, by chance, remember how to make them?

12. Krissy says

I’ve run into the same problem as Danielle. Do you happen to remember how to make the dino spikes?? Thanks in advance! Your work is adorable!<3

はHamiltonとリーヴァをコラボした「リーヴァtimed by Hamilton」の新シリーズ表項、双方の密接な協力と厳しく要求で、ついには2007年後半に登場。「リーヴァtimed by Hamilton」が最初からのスケッチデザイン1本の表の完成を作って、全行程表にスイス専門技術を懐かしい雰囲気と現代モード感を完璧に解け合って、アイデアの元素を最大限に発揮し。「リーヴァtimed by Hamilton」がそれぞれ出し男ものの時計とパンパン項、一項ごとに表使うのはトップと豪勢な材質をHamilton契合リーヴァや製品の品質に完璧を求めて。スーパーコピー時計同じように無数の嵐を経験して試練のリーヴァヨット世界チャンピオンとしていつも伴っ素手で潜水Pierre Frolla深く潜行のHamilton腕時計、「リーヴァtimed by Hamilton」はリーヴァとHamilton不敵厳しい環境の極緻の傑作。 http://www.okakaku.com/brand-1-copy-4-cheap-0-max0-attr0.html

スーパーコピーモンクレール 長年にわたって、ブランパンのトゥールビヨンとの間を揺れ動くカルーセルの時計を作っていたと考えられ、2013年に、ブランパン、単に同じ運動の両方のメカニズムを含んだヴィルレカルーセルのトゥールビヨン(ここでは実際のリリース)。長い話を短くするために、私はカルーセルブランパンで選り抜きの贅沢な合併症としてのトゥールビヨンを打つことと思いません、しかし、ブランドは限られた数の両方を生産し続けます、少なくとも、それが来るとき、カルーセルへ。口径2322などの動きはとても面白いと集められるが、私の考えでは、彼らはブランドから専用の運動愛好家の選ばれた数への声明として作用するためである。私は実際に見て、新しい近代的な2322v2 2015年までにおける2322運動の復活を見て非常に驚きました。 http://www.wtobrand.com/hec5.html

ビットをバックアップすることを望んで、私はよりスポーティな演出が私のkaのラ(「太陽」はハワイ語で)高設定ダイヤル手と可読性の高いセキュリティストラップシステムとしては見ています。あなたの多くは間違いないように精通しているnatoストラップと呼ばれる(実際には英国のモッズg 10の仕様が、通称「ナトー」ストラップ)。ストラップ腕時計のケースの下のバックでは、一つのバネ棒を破るならば、見るかもしれない失敗の周りにあなたの手首の上で、しかし、それはnatoストラップで活動中に行方不明になることはできない。 http://www.brandiwc.com/brand-super-17-copy-0.html

手の運動により薄いプロファイル、43ミリメートルのケースと一緒に来るのにはかなりのすらりとした12 mmである。 カルティエ 時計コピー この線のために開始され、3つのモデルで、あなたは2つの異なるケース素材ステンレス鋼のあなたの選択があります(黒や銀メッキされたダイヤル)または18金レッドゴールド、銀メッキされたダイヤル。 http://www.ooobrand.com/bags/hermes/642.html

ジェイコブスーパーコピー 火星の本バージョンでは、プロットのとても多くがちょうど彼の機転によって生き残るためにしようとしです、彼の周りの材料と若干の非常に素晴らしい問題解決スキル。サバイバリストジャンル映画とショーは本当に人気があります、そして、そのカテゴリーの範囲内(ゾンビの添加なし)、火星の優れた「もっともらしい」話の将来の生き残りの近くの惑星火星の上にあります。だから私はそれを見ることについてかなり興奮ですとだけ言っておこう。 http://www.fujisanbrand.com/watch/bvlgari/index_3.html

Rolexスーパーコピー時計販売はROLEXコピー時計通販専門店です . 0.678244178 ロレックス時計のムーブメント:スイス製クォーツ . 品質保証、世界一流ロレックス時計スーパーコピー、精巧に作られたのスーパーコピーロレックス(N級品)2015年新作。 http://www.ooobag.com/wallet/louisvuitton/index_11.html