We went to the farmers market last weekend and picked up many wonderful fruits and veggies. My hubby loaded up a huge bag with red potatoes which we cut up with with some onion and put on the grill that night. I noticed though, that there were still a lot left so I did a little googling, and found a yummy looking recipe for Crock Pot Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes from Nancy at A Recipe A Day.
I was all set to make this recipe when I realized there were really only about 8 potatoes left in the bag. So I ended up adapting it a little.
– Approx. 8 Red Potatoes
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– olive oil to coat potatoes
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/4 cup cream cheese
– 1 heaping spoonful of butter
– 1/4 cup milk
1. Cut up red potatoes and put in crock pot. Pour olive oil and minced garlic over potatoes and stir until well coated.
2. Pour in 1/2 cup water and cook on high for about 3 hours.
3. Mash potatoes while still in crock pot. (Be careful because crock pot will be hot)
4. Add butter, cream cheese, and milk and stir until well blended. Don’t hesitate to add more or less of any of these ingredients to make it to the consistency you like.
This gave us about 3 servings which worked out perfectly for our family! They were incredibly creamy with a nice garlic flavor. I would definitely make again but also look forward to following Nancy’s version more precisely the next time around :o)