Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful 2013 and I hope 2014 is filled with lots of love, happiness, and health! My resolution for 2014 is to lose this baby weight once and for all! I joined Weight Watchers at the beginning of December (yes, I am crazy for trying to diet during the holidays) and I’m excited and motivated by the weight I have lost so far. I am eating better and finding new, healthier recipes to try. So over the next month or so I will be posting healthier crock pot recipes with the Weight Watchers points values as well as other nutrition facts. I am starting by sharing this simple crock pot honey garlic chicken. Pretty easy to throw together and great over a bed of broccoli or brown rice. I used THIS recipes as a starting point.
– 4-5 Easting Right boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into chunks
– 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
– 1/3 cup honey
– 4 garlic gloves (minced)
– 1 tsp basil
– 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Put chicken in slow cooker.
2. Mix all other ingredients in separate bowl. Stir well.
3. Pour mixture over chicken. Try to make sure everything is coated with sauce.
4. Cook on low for about 4 hours (if chicken is cut up), or 5-6 hours on low if chicken is whole. Or on high for 3-4 hours. Don’t over cook or chicken could dry out.
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5
Fat: 1.5 grams
Protein: 22 grams
*This recipe is not endorsed by Weight Watchers. I personally calculated the nutrition facts and PointsPlus value.
Here’s to a healthy New Year!