Peppermint Bark is a classic holiday dessert but did you know that you can also make it in the Crock Pot?! The Crock Pot uses less energy than the microwave or stove and you don’t have to continually check or stir your melting chocolate. So why not give it a try! Just another way you can use your slow cooker this holiday season 🙂
– Two 12oz bags of white chocolate chips (I used Nestle brand)
– 1/2 – 1 cup crushed peppermint candy. I purchased a 10oz bag of crushed peppermint candies from World Market.
– Wax paper
1. Place both bags of chocolate chips in your crock pot. I used my small 1.5 quart slow cooker but you could double the recipe and use a bigger one!
2. Set on low for 1 hour. It helps to stir after about 30 minutes to make sure bottom and edges aren’t burning.
3. Stir after and hour. Chocolate should be melted (not necessarily runny)
4. Add in about a half cup of crushed peppermint candy. More or less depending on your taste and how chunky you like it!
5. Spread out onto baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Sprinkle more crushed candy on top.
7. Put in fridge for 1 hr. When cooled, break apart and serve!