I’m starting to feel like a gourmet chef over here. I swear this Crock Pot French Onion Soup and the Sweet Potato Soup I posted last week are to die for! And did I mention that they are easy to make in the slow cooker and both are low-cal. A win-win! For all of you who are stuck in the snow, this is such a warm, comforting soup. I hope you give it a try!
– 3 onions sliced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 6 cups of beef broth
– 3 Tablespoons butter
– 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 Tablespoon Worsectershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sliced French Bread
Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
1. Turn Crock Pot on High and put in butter, garlic, sliced onion, and worsectershire sauce. Let cook for one hour. Onions should start to look caramelized.
2. Pour in beef broth and remaining ingredients (flour, sugar, and pepper). Stir.
3. Cook 4 hours on High or until onions are tender and translucent.
Serving: Pour individual servings into oven safe ramekins or small bowls. Top with a slice of french bread and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of that. I put mine in my toaster oven on broil for just about 1 minute (don’t walk away, you need to watch it!). This will melt the chess and add a little brown bubbling to the top.