I found this recipe on food.com and it had a 4.5 star rating so I figured it had to be pretty good. We had 9 adults over for dinner so I was looking to buy a 10lb brisket. But all I could find were 3 thin sliced briskets (each weighting approx. 3lbs). I stacked two on top of each other in the 6.5 quart slow cooker and placed the other one in the smaller crock pot. I tripled this recipe to make sure I had enough gravy to cover all 3 briskets. Here are the directions:
- 1 piece beef brisket , large enough to fit into your crock pot
- 1/3 cup mustard (best is Dijon or Honey Mustard) - I used Dijon
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Mix all ingredients except for the brisket.
- 2Place the brisket into the crock pot and pour the cola mixture over the meat.
- 3Cook on high for 8 hours or overnight on low. (I cooked it overnight - approx 12 hours!)
- 4Slice and serve.
The brisket was very tender and falling apart when we took it out of the crock pot. We let it cool in the fridge before slicing it. One mistake I made was separating the gravy juice from the meat while letting it cool. We thought it would be easier to slice, but I didn't have time to let the meat soak up the gravy before serving and I personally felt like the meat was a little dry. But I received lots of compliments on this dish so maybe it wasn't such a big deal. We let the leftovers sit in the gravy overnight and had the most amazing brisket sandwiches the next day!