Well today is the day! The podcast that I recorded with Brittany from Bhooked Crochet is now live! In THIS podcast I talk about how I mix, match and re-purpose patterns to save time. So many of you have asked me how I do it all. Well let me tell you: it’s not because I have superhero powers… I take shortcuts by re-purposing my patterns! My advice might just be a game changer for both makers and bloggers! Here is a breakdown of what we talk about:
- About Sarah and her start with the popular blog, Repeat Crafter Me.
- How to re-purpose patterns in your archives to create something new.
- How to organize these “pattern pieces” so you can have easy access to them later.
- What types of projects work well with the re-purposing approach.
- Tips for designers to re-purpose their previously written patterns.
- Tips for makers to re-purpose patterns.
It was so much fun and a great honor to be interviewed by Brittany and that best part was that a few short weeks after our interview we got to meet and hang out in person at the Yarnspirations marketing office and the Our Maker Life event! Read all about our trip HERE.
I love this quote that she pulled from our interview!
Here are some side by side comparisons of how I re-purpose my patterns!
My giraffe hat becomes a cow hat just by changing the colors!
3 crochet hearts sewn together become a shamrock!
Christmas light bulbs transform into a tiny mouse! Just add the ears and leave off the black part of the bulb.
After I created my robot hat, the square shape reminded me of Spongebob! Change up the colors and embellishments but keep the base hat pattern and there you have it!
If you tune into the podcast I would love to hear what you think of it! Feel free to comment with any additional questions!