Don’t have access to an oven? Is it too hot in your kitchen to cook? Do you need to run errands and can’t sit around babysitting your oven? Want to wake up in the morning to a hot breakfast? These are all reasons to start baking with your crock pot!
This was my first time making banana bread in the crock pot and I am hooked on it already! You can pretty much follow any banana bread recipe but here is the one I used:
– 2 cups flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3 large ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– approx. half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Turn crock pot on high
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
3. In another bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer) Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in bananas until well mixed. gradually add flour mixture. Stir until combined. Add chocolate chips.
4. Grease and flour bread pan and add batter.
5. Place a cookie cutter (or crumpled aluminum foil) at the bottom of crock pot. Place bread pan on top.
6. Cover crock pot with paper towels and place lid loosely on top. Bake for 3 hours. Do not check on bread until after it’s cooked for 2 hours. I actually cooked mine for closer to 4 hours but that might have been because I kept checking in on it.
This was by far the moistest bread I have ever tasted! Even though the edges look dark, they were as soft and chewy as the center. The whole loaf was gone in less than 48 hours!