Don’t have access to an oven? Is it too hot in your kitchen to cook? Do you need to run errands and can’t sit around babysitting your oven? Want to wake up in the morning to a hot breakfast? These are all reasons to start baking with your crock pot!
This was my first time making banana bread in the crock pot and I am hooked on it already! You can pretty much follow any banana bread recipe but here is the one I used:
– 2 cups flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3 large ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– approx. half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Turn crock pot on high
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
3. In another bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer) Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in bananas until well mixed. gradually add flour mixture. Stir until combined. Add chocolate chips.
4. Grease and flour bread pan and add batter.
5. Place a cookie cutter (or crumpled aluminum foil) at the bottom of crock pot. Place bread pan on top.
6. Cover crock pot with paper towels and place lid loosely on top. Bake for 3 hours. Do not check on bread until after it’s cooked for 2 hours. I actually cooked mine for closer to 4 hours but that might have been because I kept checking in on it.
This was by far the moistest bread I have ever tasted! Even though the edges look dark, they were as soft and chewy as the center. The whole loaf was gone in less than 48 hours!
Tutus & Tea Parties says
Oh yum! Totally making this!
Heather @ It's A Long Story says
This looks so good! I had no idea you could do this. I'm coming over from Boerman Ramblings. I'm your newest follower! I would love it if you would come take a look at my little home in blogland! http://itsourlongstory.blogspot.com
[email protected] says
Wow…great idea! I think I need to try this 🙂 Laurel
Oh my!!! I have never baked anything in my crock pot before!! I must try this!!
Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!
Michelles Tasty Creations says
This looks amazing and I love to learn new uses for my crock pot! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
Oh this looks delicious! That's crazy you made that in the crock pot! Thanks for sharing over at The Winthrop Chronicles!
Our Delightful Home says
YAY! crock pot banana bread 🙂 I have to try this recipe. It looks so yummy!
PS: I look forward to seeing you this week at Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at Our Delightful Home via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/05/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party.html
Does look wonderful, will definitely try this right away, thank you so much!!! 🙂
Connie Astacio says
Could you use zucchini instead of bananas? I have a ton and my oven is broke.
عمل برداشتن معده برای لاغری says
Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?
جوراب واریس برای عمل اسلیو معده says
I truly enjoy looking through on this internet site, it holds superb posts.