I hope everyone had a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo yesterday! We celebrated with beef tacos, Coronas and lime, and a bowl of Crock Pot Enchilada Soup! This is such an easy recipe that you can pretty much customize with whatever you have in your pantry. I loved that it smelled EXACTLY like enchiladas while it was cooking. Yummmm 🙂
Here is what I put in my pot:
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large pieces) – mine were frozen
– 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
– 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
– 1 can enchilada sauce
– 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
– I can Rotel
– 1 cup chopped onions
– 2 bay leaves
– 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
– 3 cloves minced garlic
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Place chicken on the bottom of crock pot and add in all your ingredients.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours. Take chicken out and shred it in a bowl with two forks. Return it to the crock pot and continuing cooking for 30 minutes.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips or even with some flour or corn tortillas.