I’ve never been a big rice pudding fan but its one of my husbands favorite desserts. So being the good wife that I am I decided to try my hand at some Crock Pot Rice Pudding. And guess what, It is delicious! I have been turned into a rice pudding lover after tasting this recipe! And it couldn’t be more simple.
– 2 cups Instant Long Grain White Rice
– 6 cups whole milk (Plus 1 extra cup that you will add in the end)
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Spray crock pot well with cooking spray (bottom and sides).
2. Pour 6 cups milk, rice, granulated sugar, and salt into crock pot and stir.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours.
4. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/2-1 cup of milk depending on the kind of consistency you like. I added 1/2 cup and it is pretty thick (the way we like it!). Remember that it thickens after it sits for a little bit as well. This is also the time to add the raisins if you’d like.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
If you need to re-heat leftovers, add a little more milk and stir over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove.