If you love pizza (and let’s be honest who doesn’t?!) then here is a fun crock pot version…a new twist on the traditional pie! This Crock Pot Pizza Casserole is one meal the whole family will love and real comfort food dish. It would also be a great for a potluck or perfect for busy families who might be eating at different times (the crock pot keeps it warm!). I hope you like it as much as we did!
– 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
– 1 onion diced (yes I bought pre-chopped onion. I am incredibly sensitive to onions and despise cutting them!)
– One package (or 1 cup) sliced mushrooms. I recommend fresh but in a pinch you could use canned.
– 8 ounce box of penne pasta noodles (or ziti or rigatoni). I used half of the box you see in the picture.
– 2 or 3 14oz jars of pizza sauce. I used 2 jars and thought it was great but a 3rd would make it a little saucier.
– 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I keep a jar of it in my fridge for easy cooking)
– 1 package of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (you could use regular pepperoni but I prefer their Turkey pepperoni and it is 70% less fat! It’s one of my favorite go-to snacks while following the Weight Watchers program)
– 16 ounce of shredded mozzarella. I used the reduced-fat version for a lower-calorie meal!
1. Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms together. Set aside and brown ground beef. Drain off grease and mix the two together.
2. Boil pasta for about 7 minutes. You want it to be undercooked so they don’t get mushy in the crock pot.
3. Spray bottom and sides of crock pot with cooking spray and layer as follows: 1/2 of pasta, 1 jar of sauce, 1/2 meat mixture, 1 layer pepperoni, 1 layer of cheese, other half of pasta, 2nd jar of sauce, other half of meat mixture, another layer of pepperoni, a thick layer of cheese to cover everything and top it off with a couple more slices of pepperoni (just to make it look like a pizza!).
4. Cook on low for 3 hours.
Serve with a side salad or just by itself (because it pretty much covers all the major food groups!)
The kids loved it, including baby sister!
This sounds delicious! We usually have pizza night once a week, and this would be a great pizza alternative to mix it up. Thanks for sharing.
Alexandra Richards says
What a great action picture of your daughter!
I made this tonight. It was awesome! I've been following your blog for awhile but this week is the first I've made anything you posted. I did this and the Ninja Turtle hat (which my son loved!) and both worked out great. Thanks for the helpful posts!!
I made this without mear for dinner tonight!! So tasty, I really liked it!! I used a spinach and basil marinara red sauce, very good. Thanks Sarah!! Your blog is my happy place!!
I am so happy I found this recipe again from you I had it awhile back lost it, used another one that I had found was so disappointed with the outcome. Yours is so GreatMy family Loves it Thank you so much
A healthy, easy but simple dish to make. I will learn to make this dish.
Benton Mackinder says
قیمت گذاری سیم کارت says
A healthy, easy but simple dish to make.
Ronald Richemond says
It’s nearly impossible to find experienced people for this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Josie Poelman says
Very nice write-up. I certainly appreciate this site. Keep it up!
Metro Shoes says
Metro shoes has a wide variety of new shoes available just for you. Order now.
I think that we all need to eat sometimes something great and different from we use to eat
Oh yes we were always advised to eat healthy food you know. I believe that it is very important thing. I remember even writting about this, when i’ve learnt how to write a nursing research paper. So here some positions from what i remember – Meal planning: Planning meals in advance can help nurses to make healthier food choices and avoid fast food and unhealthy snacks. Healthy snacks: Keeping healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts readily available can help to prevent unhealthy snacking. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water and avoiding sugary drinks can help to maintain good health and energy levels. Mindful eating: Taking time to enjoy meals and eating mindfully can help nurses to make healthier food choices and avoid overeating. I believe that these advices can be implemented to nurses and patients as well
Can I say it is such a relief to discover somebody who truly knows what theyre preaching online? You actually have learned to bring a problem to light and make it crucial. More people should see this and can see this side of the story. I cant believe Small claims Toronto Paralegal youre no more well-known simply because you definitely contain the gift.
Shop PinsStep says
Shop the best Designer’s Sandals for women online in Pakistan from PinsStep. Our Women’s shoes are very comfortable and best for wedding Party or Casual. So, get the latest and most amazing collection of Shoes for you from PinsStep. From Big to Small available all Sizes: 35,36 to 42,43,44,45 (Customize – Made to Order)
Great article. The information gained through the article is impeccable. Thanks for the information you provided.