Two of my favorite comfort foods are combined to create the ultimate Crock Pot meal: Chili Macaroni & Cheese! Yep, hearty chili and cheesy macaroni in one pot! Make it as spicy or mild as you wish. A cozy dinner (or lunch!) the whole family will love.
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
– 1 (15 oz) can chili beans
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 2 cups small elbow macaroni (measure 2 cups when uncooked)
– 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
– 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Feel free to use low fat cheese and lean ground beef! I may even try using ground turkey next time.
1. Saute onion and garlic in skillet with a little olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until browned and drain.
2. Put beef mixture in crock pot and add tomatoes, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and cook on low for 4 hours.
3. Boil macaroni in pot of water for about 6 minutes. Add to crock pot and continue to cook for 1 more hour.
4. Add in cheese, stir until melted, and serve!