If you’ve been following my blog for awhile you guys know how much I love Skip-Stitch blades! I use the #1 original blade for all of my crochet fleece lovey blankets. So you can imagine how excited I was when the Skip-Stitch company released a new product: The Fringe Blade! The fringe blade allows you to make even cuts along the edges of your fleece fabric to make fringe style no-sew blankets. You don’t even need to prep your fabric, this blade does all the work for you by perforating the edges perfectly. I made this no-sew fleece lion pillow using the fringe blade! The fringe edge works perfectly as the lions mane. I attached a crochet face to the front of the pillow but you could also use fleece cutouts for the face and sew or even hot glue them on. Scroll down for the how-to!
– Skip-Stitch Fringe Blade. You can purchase the blade directly from the Skip-Stitch website HERE. or purchase from the Amazon link below.
– 45mm Rotary cutter
– Fleece fabric in yellow and orange/brown.
– Worsted weight yarn in white and brown
– Two black buttons for eyes
– 36cm (14inch) round pillow. I found mine at Jo-Ann fabrics.
– Size H crochet hook
– Sharp tapestry needle (the smaller sizes have a bit of a sharper point than the large dull ones)
– Large round plate or bowl for tracing