Once I get started working with Bernat Blanket Yarn, I can’t stop! It’s so addictive! Everything I make with this yarn works up so quickly because of it’s chunky and super soft texture. Seems like everyone these days is obsessed with crochet Jellyfish and I thought I would go ahead and jump on the jellyfish bandwagon with this Giant Jellyfish! This guy worked up in only a few hours! It’s approximately 23 inches long (counting the coils) and 9 inches wide. I used color Seafoam green from the Bernat Baby Blanket line which seems so appropriate for this sea creature! You can shop the yarn HERE at Yarnspirations.com. You will only need one skein!
– Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in Seafoam green (one 300g skein). Purchase HERE at Yarnspirations.com
– (optional) Bernat Blanket Yarn in a coordinating color for multi-colored coils. I used Teal. You will only need a 100g skein.
– Size I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook
– Poly-fil Fiber Stuffing
– (2) 18mm black safety eyes. I found mine at JOANNs but you can also purchase HERE on Amazon (aff).
– Small strand of worsted weight black yarn or embroidery thread for mouth.
– Tapestry Needle
Finished Size: 23 inches long x 9 inches wide finished size
Chain 60, 2 SC in second chain from hook and the rest of the way down. Fasten off. Leave loose ends to tie onto underside of jellyfish.
Make as many coils as you want! I made 5 in Seafoam green and 4 in Teal.
If you make this giant jellyfish please be sure to use hashtags #RepeatCrafterMe and #BernatBlanketYarn on social media!
*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.***
Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page and my Repeat Crafter Me Instagram Page for new pattern sneak peeks and when they will be available on my blog! And feel free to post pictures of your finished hats and/or links to your shops on my Facebook wall so all can see.