Crock Pot Candy

With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to test out this recipe I found for Crock Pot Candy. The instructions were very specific that the ingredients and process be followed exactly as written, but after looking at 3 different stores, I couldn’t find almond bark and ended up using Candiquik as a replacement (Google said I could!) And guess what, that candy turned out great!!

Here is what you do:

Ingredients:
1 16oz jar roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 16oz jar roasted, salted peanuts
1 12oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bar (4ozs.) sweetened german chocolate (green packaging), broken into pieces
3 lbs. (two 24oz pkgs.) white almond bark, broken into pieces. (I used Candiquik)

Directions:
1. Put ingredients into a 4 or 5-quart crockpot in EXACT order as listed. Cover and cook on LOWEST setting for 3 hours. DO NOT remove lid! Turn off and allow to cool slightly. Mixture will not be melted but will be soft.

Here is what mine looked like AFTER cooking.

2. Mix thoroughly and drop by teaspoon size cookie dropper or a teaspoon onto wax paper (I used Reynolds Non-stick foil.)

3. Let cool thoroughly. Makes approximately 150 – 170 pieces.

Anyone want to come over and help me eat some candy?!

Comments

Thanks Jennifer! I thought Crock Pot Candy was such a good idea when I came across it. I've shared it a couple more places but no one seems to think it's as cool as I do, LOL! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to link up!

Well I think it's way cool because I love making treats!! :)
    Making it one of my features in this Wednesdays Show & Share! Hope you'll come grab a button! :)

Oh my this is wonderful for around Christmas while your making the cookies you could also work on candy!!! Thank You

I just made these tonight!!! It makes alot… I got 200 out of mine… I also added 2 bags of peanut butter morsels to mine… Going to give some to the mailman, and some as christmas treats… thank you for the recipe… turned out great!!
    Terri

…these are just peanut clusters. my family and i make them every Christmas. what we do is a lot faster, and the little ones have a blast doing it. we just melt some almond bark (and chocolate chips if we feel adventurus)in the microwave, dump in some peanuts, let the youngins stir and drop them on the wax paper. takes about an hour to make a couple hundred. i mean, its a great idea, and im not trying to bash on it, and ive no problems with others doing this, but for a family gathering, this way is a lot more fun.

Not only are you going to make me poor buying yarn for all your patterns, you're working on making me FAT too! 😉 Thanks so much for this; my daughter's school has lots of fundraisers, and I think this would go over well at the Bake Sales!