I was pretty darn excited when my husband came home with a couple boxes (ok, more like 7 boxes) of girl scout cookies this weekend. I love him :o) I was already thinking about making a crock pot cake but when I saw the cookies sitting on the counter, I had an AH-HA moment! Crock Pot Cake + Tagalong Cookies = A little slice of heaven.
I love making cakes with my 1.5 quart crock pot because they come out in a nice little mini-cake shape and they are the perfect amount of food. You don’t end up over-eating or have tons of leftovers that get thrown out. Crock pot cakes are also denser and moister so you don’t need a huge slice to be satisfied. Ok enough talk, here is the recipe:
-1 box of yellow cake mix (+ ingredients on package)
-1 box of Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies
– Crisco shortening
-Vanilla frosting (or frosting of your choice)
1. Mix yellow cake according to directions on box.
2. Grease entire inside 1.5 quart crock pot generously with Crisco.
3. Pour only enough cake mix to fill about 1/4 of the crock pot. (The cake will rise) You can use the rest of the mix to make a second cake or go ahead and make some cupcakes in the oven as I did :o)
4. Lay 4 tagalongs along the top of mixture (it’s ok if they sink)
5. Cover with paper towel and set lit on to hold in place. The paper towel will absorb the condensation and keep it from dripping onto the cake.
6. Cook on low setting for about 1.5-2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean. Then unplug, remove lid and let cool for 30 minutes or until middle is set.
7. Turn over onto a plate. The cake should slide right out! The cookies will have baked in towards the top. You can frost right over any that are peaking through or any other minor imperfection in your cake :o)
8. Frost with your choice of frosting. Crush 3-4 Tagalong cookies and sprinkle on top. Serves 4-6.
9. Enjoy every bite!