My husband loves stuffed peppers but I've never tried making them myself. I always thought they would be difficult. Then I came across a recipe for crock pot stuffed peppers and it was as easy as can be! And the best part is that they look so pretty and like they took a lot of talent and time (but they didn't!).
- 6 peppers (any color)
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
1. Cut tops off peppers and clean out centers. Be sure to save the top.
2. In a bowl mix the ground beef, cooked rice, diced tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, ketchup and black pepper together.
3. Fill each pepper with mixture and nestle into crock pot. put the tops back on the peppers.
4. Pour 1/3 cup water around the base of the peppers.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I cooked mine for 7.5 hours (partly because I forgot to check them at 6 hours and partly because I am super paranoid about undercooked food). Next time I probably would have cook them for a little less time only because my peppers became extremely soft and a little too shriveled. Also, they were a little too spicy for me (then again, everything is spicy to me) but my husband doused his in tabasco sauce. Besides those minor things, I would absolutely make this again as it was easy and really good! They were gobbled up by both of us!