Mickey and Minnie Inspired Crochet Diaper Covers

Shortly after I posted the pattern for my Mickey and Minnie Mouse Crochet Hats, I promised you guys I would work on matching diaper covers. I am happy to say I finally was able to work some up! This pattern is an adaptation of Crochet A Flowers crochet diaper cover pattern. And in order to give her proper credit, I will not and cannot repost her pattern so I apologize in advance if you need to jump from my page to hers to get the complete instructions for the Mickey/Minnie version. But hopefully this won’t be too confusing.

Mickey Mouse Inspired Diaper Cover:

Follow the instructions for Crochet A Flowers FREE Crochet Diaper Cover Pattern EXCEPT begin by only chaining 47. So the first 3 rows will only have 46 stitches across instead of 54.

At the end of Row 3 Count 11 stitches (instead of 16 stitches) over to attach yarn.

Continue to finish the pattern as posted by Crochet A Flowers.

Instead of attaching one button in the middle, attach two buttons like in this picture:

Minnie Mouse Inspired Diaper Cover:

Follow the instructions for Crochet A Flowers FREE Crochet Diaper Cover Pattern EXCEPT at the end of Row 3 where you attach the yarn, you will attach it 20 stitches over (instead of 16 stitches) so that in the end you will have one long strap and one short strap (so the skirt looks more like a wrap).

Sew on buttons as in this picture:

Minnie Skirt:

Pink Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Red Heart)
Size H Crochet Hook
White buttons

HDC= Half Double Crochet

Chain 55, HDC in second chain from hook and all the way across, chain 1, turn (54 HDC)
Row 2: 2 HDC in first stitch, HDC in next, *2 HDC, HDC, *continue for the rest of row, chain 1, turn
Row 3-9: HDC across, chain 1, turn
At the end of row 9 fasten off, weave in ends.

Connect skirt to top of diaper cover by single crocheting through both the top row of the skirt and top row of the diaper cover at the same time (starting from the right end of the strap to the other end of the strap). It’s ok if the skirt is longer and hangs over a bit. When you get to the edge of the diaper cover strap, do NOT connect it to the skirt. Continue to SC around the remaining edges of the skirt (see picture below). Fasten off, weave in ends.

Sew on white buttons to skirt to make the polka dots.

Regarding Size:
The pattern followed is adjustable and fits babies 0-9 months. BUT since I have adapted the straps and buttons, I would say these might fit up to a 6 month old. If anyone follows this pattern and has a baby to try it on, I would love to hear how it fits!
*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photo’s as your own.***

Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peaks and when they will be available on my blog!

Oh man! Love these! I did make the hats just have to attach the ears and bow. And now diaper covers! These are sooooooo cute! I can't wait to make some!! Thank you for this! So excited!! :-)

Super cute. Wish I had a baby to model the minnie mouse diaper cover and hat. I think it would be a great set for a photographer. Thanks for introducing me to a new crochet blog. :)

LOVE these Sarah!! Can you make them in adult size? I would totally sport these :) Really.. I LOVE THEM!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

I have to say that you ladies, Amber Flowers and Sarah, are so nice to post these patterns. Without people like you, Pinterest wouldn't be what it is today. Pinterest and those on it, have made my time off so wonderful seeing what others are doing with their crafts. Again, thanks to all who post craft projects on Pinterest. Pinterest is like have a million friends to share with and trade ideas. Love it!

These are so cute. Can't wait to make the diaper cover and hat for my granddaughter coming in March. You have so many great patterns. Thank you so much so sharing.

I was asked to crochet some cute things for a family member who's a photograper. We found these and she loves them! They are highly requested in her studio. Thanks so much for sharing.

7. Felisha says

i have to best friend who are expecting at the same time one a boy and one a girl i knoe excatly what to get them now

8. Anita says

At the end of row three, where I attach the yarn. Do I attach 11 stitches over or 20 stitches over ? From this point I am to follow the other pattern to finish the diaper cover, is this right ?

Thanx for the pattern, i translated it in dutch, and will share it for Svens sterrenmutsjes, this is a dutch group, that makes hats etc for preemies in the hospital,ofcourse i put your site on it.

i thank u for sharing ure patterns . u are very wonderful for doing this givin others the chance to copy ure work. do u happen to know if there a pattern for the minnie dress i love that dress .ty so much

Hi!! Thank you SO SO much for this pattern! I am a fairly new crocheter, and found this pattern very easy. I'm a nurse on a high-risk labor & delivery unit, and made these for one of our patients that was pregnant with boy/girl twins! I made the Mickey & Minnie hats and diaper covers. I also made little black Mary Jane's for the Minnie outfit, and little yellow Mary Jane's for the Mickey outfit. They turned out SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I wish I could figure out how to send you a picture of them! Thanks again!!! Oh, and congratulations on your new little one!

Hi, I have not crocheted for years and also can't remember how big new borns are! Can you give me an idea of how long the starting piece should be so I know if I need to alter hook size. Yarn & hooks here in UK are different to yours!

could you tell me how to make this for a 2T? I have made this a lot of times for newborns but at a lose for a 2T, they want one made to match her sisters for pictures.

This is a fantastic pattern! To both sites, thank you! We just welcomed a new niece into the world about a month ago and her bedroom theme is Minnie Mouse, so this is ABSOLUTELY perfect! Thank you so much! So adorable!

These are so easy and cute. I just finished one for a reborn doll 17" long, which turned out to fit a preemie or small newborn. I did have to make adjustments on the number of stitches and rows in the body of the panty. And instead of buttons I used two pink safety pins. Of course I have no little ones otherwise I'd use buttons. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Sarah, I have one question. On the Mickey diaper cover you started out with only 47 stitches instead of 54. Do you do the same for the Minnie cover? I love your page! Thanks!

First, ty for the time you put into this. However, I wanted to add, I make a lot of diaper covers, and unfortunately 47 chains is too small for a babies waist size. I'm not sure where you or her (crochet a flower) found measurements for a crochet diaper cover to make these but they don't fit properly. You may want to play around with the pattern more. That's what I did, but have yet to type it up. Also, there are web sites to give measurements for diaper covers. Just some thoughts and ideas! Not sure when I can post a pattern for them, if I even do, since I do sell online. If you know someone who has a baby, or can gain access to a newborn disposable diaper.. that might help, with length and width!

lol sorry for all the comments, but i personally don't use a trc in row 2. I found it stretches to much, as most yarn eventually has that stretch / 'play' in it. If your going to do that.. larger buttons are better to use then.

Hi there, LOVE this! I still have to work out a few kinks to the one I made. I just learned how to crochet 2 weeks ago and I'm still learning certain stitches. But I was wondering if it was okay if I use this pattern to make items to sell. I have also asked permission from Flower's Creation. Thanks I love ALL of your patterns they are by far the easiest to understand!