It's the perfect time of year to take full advantage of your crock pot! Soups and stews make for hearty meals and they are quick and easy to prepare. This corn chowder is no exception! No prep work needed and all you need to do is literally throw all the ingredients in. I found this recipe at Food.com but made a couple alterations.
- 15 1/4oz can corn kernels (undrained)
- 14 3/4 oz can of cream style corn
- 16 ozs of frozen hash brown diced potatoes (thawed - although mine weren't completely thawed when I put them in)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion or 1/2 cup chopped onion (I used frozen chopped onions for convenience)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (or 8 slices of cooked bacon crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Mix everything together in crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
So easy, right?! And this chowder comes out thick and oh-so yummy! Serves 4-6, but I don't see any problem with doubling this recipe :)