Crochet Newborn Baby Booties Pattern

I hope you enjoyed all the gender reveal photos I posted yesterday! If you liked the baby booties in the photos then you are in luck because today I am posting the pattern! It should be a quick little pattern to work up and although I am calling them “newborn” baby booties, I think they could possibly fit up to 3 months depending on how loose you crochet. Also, the ribbon is adjustable and it can be tied tighter or looser.

– Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn. I used Vanna’s Choice Baby Yarn in Little Boy Blue and Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Pink. You can purchase their yarns HERE.
– Size H Crochet Hook
– Tapestry Needle
– Skinny Ribbon

Abbreviations:

SC = Single Crochet
DC = Double Crochet
SC Decrease = Single Crochet Decrease. I like to you use the invisible decrease as shown HERE.

Crochet Baby Booties Pattern
Size: Newborn (and up to 3 month)

Chain 8, SC in second chain from hook and in next 5, make 4 SC in last stitch, now working on other side of chain, SC 7, join to first SC, ch 1.
Round 2: 2 SC in first two stitches, SC in next 4, 2 HDC in next 5, SC in next 4, 2 SC in last two, join, ch 1
Round 3: SC in next 10, 2 SC in next 6, SC in last 10, join, ch 1
Round 4: Working in back loops only, SC in each stitch around, join, ch 1 (32 SC)
Round 5: Now working in both loops, SC in each stitch around, join, ch 1 (32 SC)
Round 6: SC in next 10, SC decrease 6 times, SC in last 10, join, ch 1
Round 7: SC in next 8, SC decrease 5 times, SC in last 8, join, ch 1
Round 8: SC in next 8, SC decrease in next 3, SC in next 7, join,  ch 2
Round 9: DC in each stitch around, join, ch 1 (18 DC)
Round 10: SC in first 8, 2 SC in next 3 stitches, SC in last 7, join
Round 11: slip stitch around, fasten off and weave in ends.
Using ribbon (or a long crochet chain), weave in and out of the double crochet stitches. Tie in a bow in front!
Note: The booties should take a nice shape, but I want to make you sure you know that I stuffed them with a kleenex so they would stand up pretty for the photo.

Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peeks and when they will be available on my blog!

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.***

Comments

Thank you for the pattern 😀 The booties are gorgeous.

My best friend is expecting a baby in the Autumn. That would be a nice gift, I think :-)

XO

My name is Sarah too!! I just stumbled across your Blog and LOVE it. Thanks for sharing all of your creativity with us :)

Hi! I'm kind of new to crochet. Do you count the chain 1 or chain 2 as your first stitch? I seem to be off one every row if I don't include the chains as the first stitch and do I join in the chain also?

Let's see if I can leave a comment :) I need a little help – I have fudged my way through 5 pair – and am having the same problems every time I make them . . . .

Ok – (it wouldn't let me leave a comment yesterday). First, you are technically putting 5 sc at the end of the first step right? I can't get 7 SC on that side otherwise. ? Also, I am not ending up with the right amount of stitches at the end of a round – whether or not I start in the same stitch as the ch.1 or not. I love, LOVE LOVE these booties though – I am just struggling a little bit. Any help?

The pair I just made I just did the 6 sc that would fit, and when I start the round I make the first stitch in the same stitch as the joining. I think they came out looking like Sarah's. I also only put the 4 sc in the last stitch. I hope this helps you.

Hello, I just started making these booties and I'm having the same problem: 5 sc instead of 7.. Please, help me. I really want to make them.

I am having the same problem as Crystal and also would like to know if the chain 1 or 2 counts as the first stitch. Mine came out all wrong! The toe of the bootie is actually on the side some. :/ I am all confused! PLEASE HELP US!!!!!! Thank You

I am having the same problem as Crystal but I tried to figure it out somehow but it still looks messed up somehow :/
    And I really need to make those to finish the outfit for my baby boy. So please help us since we are rather desperate!

I think if there was a stitch count at the end of every row that might help us out! :)

I ok had a question bout the 7sc on the back side of the start chain. I can easily get the six sc, but I runout of room for the 7th sc. I have been putting it into the skipped stitch from the from front side. Is that right? Either way they are adorable! Gotta find some cute ribbons for them.

I love your patterns and certainly appreciate all the time and effort you put into giving them to us free! Very generous!

Hope the pregnancy is going well for you, congrats!

When I join and add a chain 1 at the end of a row, adds stitches each time. I think that might be the problem others are having. I had to start counting the chain 1 stitch as the first stitch in the row. I kind of had to fudge the back of the booties to make them come out even because of the join slip stitch and the chain 1 adding two stitches to each row.

If I only sc 6 in the second half of R1, my stitch count works for all rounds, but the end product is skewed. Am I missing something?

I'm having some issues as well. I'm wondering if when you start each round you should be putting your first stitch into the same space as the chain or not!? Thanks.

Just finished making a pair, at first I followed your instructions exactly, and I liked them but I decided to put in some flair of my own. when I reached the dc stitches I made them on alternating posts (one in front, one in back) all the way around to make threading the ribbon a little easier. I also didn't have the size hook you recommended so I used one size smaller, which I'm sure is going to be a tight fit on my baby when they arrive but I only need them for one picture, so I figured it would be ok.
    The only other change I made to them is instead of making slip stitches on the top row I did a reverse double crochet which gave it a fun sort of braided look.
    Then instead of ribbon I just used a seperated color and ch 45 to make the string. (which I added leaves to the end of each strand because I'm making a pumpkin themed outfit for baby.)

I really love this pattern :)
    This is my first attempt: http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/nyrthak1/IMG_0889_zps013ee627.jpg

I'm very new to crochet, and would love some advice on how I can adjust this pattern to come out at a NB size, using 8ply (DK) as 10ply (worsted) is incredibly hard to come by in NZ. I have a ball of yarn (8ply) left over from a cardigan pattern my mum knitted for baby #2 due in just over 2 weeks. I'd love to crochet some booties that match the cardigan before he arrives!

Soooo cute. I love all your projects!!
    I have a problem with round 6. What does it mean "sc decrease 6 time"? Can you explain it to me? Will he grateful :* thank you :*

super adorable! Unfortunately, mine came out WAY too small. Like, mega-premie level. Mine might even fit Barbie, lol. I'm going to have to add in a few stitches, or use a bigger yarn size – I used 5mm instead of 6.5mm. I didn't use tight stitches or anything, they were actually pretty loose. Oh well, the best thing about crochet is how simple it is to start over! :)

Thank you for your wonderful patterns!

I've made a pair of these sweet booties for my new niece. Just looking at them sitting on the table before giving them to her gave me all kinds of baby aches, lol! I've bookmarked this page because it seems everyone is with child these days! <3

For those of you that were having problems completing the pattern try this: to get the 7th SC in the back side of the chain in Rnd 1, use the skipped stitch from the first side of the chain and then join in the next SC. When joining at the end of the next rounds, skip over the slip stitch AND the chain of the previous round and join in the next stitch (should be a SC, not a slip stitch or a chain stitch). When starting your next round, begin the round in the same SC that you joined in. Doing these things helped me get the perfectly uncrooked booties in the picture above :) HTH!

Hello Sarah,

I`ve just finished your well-written patterns für the Lamb, Newborn Baby Booties and Newborn Crochet Owl Hat.
    If you`re interested in the result, please have a look on the pictures on my homepage http://imanimanuo.blogspot.de/2014/05/nachgehakelt-anleitungen-repeat-crafter.html.

The Website is german, I introduce your homepage and that you show over 100 sweet crochet patterns for free.
    If you like to have further information, what I wrote, please don`t hesitate to contact me.

And thanx a lot, your patterns are so sweet,
    Imani Manuo – See more at: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/08/crochet-lamb-pattern-and-baby-mobile.html?showComment=1400830326459#c251486018263116120

Thank you so much for your pattern.

To those of you having problems with rnd 1, to me it should read: sc in second ch from hook and in next 5 ch, 5 sc in last ch, working down opposite side of ch sc in next 6 ch, (the last sc is in the same ch as the first sc), join with slst to first sc. (17 sc).

That's how I figured it out and the rest of the pattern works out great.

Have a great day!!!!

Hi Sarah, they looks very cute, i want to make the booties for 3 to 6 months baby girl, can you please help to choose the hook size. Thank you very much.

After several attempts and a lot of yarn ripping.. I finally got it. Join with ss in the first sc of each round. Ch 1 and make first stitch of next round into the same space as the ss and ch 1. So. . For example. .You are finishing rnd 2. You do 2 sc into the last two stitches , then you join with a ss into the first sc of rnd 2. Ch 1, and do a sc into that same stitch. This counts as the first sc in the group of ten single crochets from round 3. Continue like this for the entire pattern and they turn out perfect. Hopefully this will help someone. :) I love this pattern btw! Thank you for sharing. Hugs!

I've seen people ask this in a lot of other patterns and it seems that you just have to go down in yarn weight or crochet hook to get a smaller size. This, of course, would depend on how preemie the baby is. Using a G hook and baby (3 weight) would result in some adorable little tiny booties ♥

Just attempted this pattern and am having the same issue as those of you above. I came back here to see if anyone else was having the issue, and to see if the administrator of the page had given any advice and/or corrections. I was very sorry to see that she had not responded to any of you, but very happy to see how all of you came together to try to help each other. :) Hopefully, I'll get it figured out now thanks to all of you! :)

I'm working the pattern for the Hello Kitty crochet newborn shoes. I've worked the rounds ending round 8 having 18 sc to work on. I skipped to row (round) 9 for left shoe but found the instructions confusing. I followed the pattern, but don't understand where the "next 23 sts" come from as there were only 18 sc to start with. To me if I had to count to 5 to start the strap that would leave me with 13 sc. Has anyone else had this problem?