I am still working hard to lose my baby weight and get healthy! Weight Watchers is going well and I am really enjoying my weekly meetings. They have really helped me to stay motivated and on-track. So here is another low calorie recipe that can be made in the Crock Pot! I really struggle when it comes to photographing food but I want to assure you that this dish is absolutely delicious!! I had to stop myself from eating more than one portion at a time 🙂 I used THIS recipe as a starting point and made a couple of changes. For instance, I definitely don’t think you need 2 lbs of ground turkey.
– Cooking Spray
– 1 lb lean or fat-free ground turkey (I used Jennie-O Lean 93% fat free ground turkey)
– 1 package frozen Birds Eye Recipe Ready chopped onion and garlic or 1 onion and 2 cloves garlic
– Two 15oz cans of white beans (rinsed and drained)
– 32oz reduced sodium chicken broth
– 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Cook turkey, onion and garlic in a non-stick skillet until meat is brown.
2. Spray crock pot and pour meat/onions/garlic in along with the rest of the ingredients. Give it a stir.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Weight Watchers Points: 7
I don’t have the exact nutrition info for this recipe but I think its very similar to THIS ONE from Skinnytaste.com. I hope you enjoy it!