I know some of you are sick and tired of the snow, but here in Portland, OR we finally got a good dumping! I haven’t seen a snow like this in at least 4 years and I wanted so badly for my kids to be able to build a backyard snowman. Well guess what? Mission accomplished!!
It’s been a magical 4 days of sledding, skiing in the street, building a snowman and creating an igloo. But now the snow is melting and my poor boys are so sad that their snowman is melting away. So I tried to cheer them up with a fun little craft today: Sock Snowmen!
You will need:
– White socks (I used child size)
– Poly-Fil Stuffing
– Poly-Fil beads or dry Rice or Beans (if you want to weight the bottom of the snowman)
– Ribbon (for scarf)
– Small black buttons or googly eyes
– Two colorful buttons (for the tummy)
– A piece of yarn or string
– A pom-pom
– Orange felt (for nose)
– Black yarn for mouth