This is a must make wreath for your craft room door! Or even for the front door 🙂 Use your scrap yarn to wrap little balls of yarn and attach to a wreath with toothpicks – making the yarn balls removable and reusable! Add a wooden plaque with a hand drawn message!
– Small yarn balls in varying sizes. I used Bernat Super Value yarn in all shades! See all colors at Yarnspirations.com. I made about 40-45 yarn balls.
– 3.5 inch arrow toothpicks. Find them HERE on Amazon.com (affiliate)
– Foam Wreath. I got the flat surface wreath measuring 2 inch x 15 3/4 inch x 2 13/16 inch from Michaels Craft Store.
– Wood plaque. Found in the wood craft section of Michaels Craft Store.
– Sharpie marker and a pencil
– Downloadable printable message (optional). Left/Right text, Left/Right text backwards (I will explain more below)
– Hot glue gun
Attaching the yarn balls is super simple! You take the toothpicks and stick them in the ball and then stick the other half into the foam wreath. Stagger between bigger and smaller balls so it cover the foam parts.
Insert crochet hooks between balls. They just rest right in there!
I printed out the writing (backwards version) on an ink jet printer. I was able to transfer the ink to the wood plaque by drawing over it with a pencil! If you don’t have an ink jet printer, you can print out the regular text, trace and fill in the text on one side with pencil, then flip it over and transfer it by coloring/tracing on the other side.
Go over transferred image with a sharpie!
Hot glue sign on in the middle of the wreath.