Here’s a super easy Fall favorite that only requires 3 ingredients! This Crock Pot acorn squash stuffed with wild rice is low calorie and super tasty! The taste and consistency of an acorn squash is similar to a sweet potato… maybe a cross between butternut squash and a sweet potato 🙂 Perfect for a two person lunch or dinner. If you have a larger slow cooker you can fill it with as many acorn squash halves as you can fit for more servings!
– 1 Acorn Squash
– I package of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Long Grain & Wild.
– 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1. Cut acorn squash in half length-wise (from stem to tip) and scoop out seeds and stringy guts (just like a pumpkin)
2. Fill acorn squash with the ready rice. The whole package should fill two halves of squash.
3. Place in crock pot and pour 1 cup of broth around the bottom of squash.
4. Pour 2 tablespoons of broth over the rice in each half of squash.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.