Crochet Winter Headband with Flower

Here is a quick crochet project I wanted to share. I worked this one up last night while the hubs and I watched a movie. I followed a pattern from www.crochetme.com called Quick Winter Headband. The only part I changed was the end. I created a 7 chain loop on one end and sewed a button to the other. You can find the flower pattern HERE from Red Heart. My flower came out a little different than the one they pictured. I must have misread something in the pattern. I will have to try making another one but for now I like the way this one turned out :)

Comments

That is great!! Congrats! When was a kid I made little stuffed turtles that had a butter tub in their backs and I glued them shut with some popcorn. It was my only way to make Christmas money. We were not wealthy and I bought all my own clothes at goodwill with babysitting money.

I love this! These are being sold at Kohls right now for fourteen dollars. They're much more special when they're handmade. Thank you for posting this!

3. TiffanyC says

I love this! I'm soo happy I found it! It only took me a couple hours (the first time my stitches were uneven so it was all lopsided. lol).
    Thank you for sharing, I love your blog & I only found it yesterday!!! =)

~Tiff*

Hi just a quick quest. What if I were to use chunky number 6 yarn instead of the worsted weight yarn???
    Would it make a big difference on the headband… if any?

Thank you.

Hi Sarah,
    This hairband looks gorgeous. How did you attach the flower? It looks like as if it was part of the band and not just simply sewed on.
    Thanks,

I don't see the pattern. How can I access it? It appears the links on this page are not working (at least on my computer). THANK YOU for your blog! It's the first time I'm actually able to follow instructions!!!! :)

Thank you so much for posting all of the photos, especially of the back! I got to to this part of the instructions and wasn't so sure I was following correctly…turns out I can read. I am making this for a friends daughter who is turning 6 this weekend. I stopped at 12" and that seems just right for a kid…I will test on my daughter tomorrow. I haven't cut or tied off yet, so I can still adjust if need be.