Crochet Clutch

I am so excited to share with you my very own crochet pattern! It is very simple for those of you who are beginning crocheters or a good first project for those of you who want to learn how to crochet.

I present to you, the Crochet Clutch!

It closes with two buttons on the front and the back is embellished with a flower appliqué. It is the perfect size to hold credit cards, coupons, mints, make-up, pocket tissues, and much more! A great accessory for your diaper bag or purse.

And because I like you guys so much, I am giving you the pattern for free!

Materials used:
Vanna’s Choice® medium worsted weight yarn
Crochet hook size H-8 (5.0 mm)
2 buttons approx 3/4″ (optional 3rd button for the back)
Tapestry needle

Finished Size: 6.5 x 3.5 inches

Gauge: 14 stitches = 4 in.

Abbreviations:
St: Stitch
Ch: Chain
Sc:  Single crochet

Instructions:
Chain 20 Stitches.
Row 1: Sc in second chain from hook and in each st across, chain 1, turn (19 st)
Row 2-30: Sc in first stitch and in each stitch across, chain 1, turn
Row 31:  Sc in first two stitches, chain 2, skip one st, Sc 13, chain 2, skip one st, Sc in last two stitches, Chain 1, turn
Row 32: Sc in first 2 stitches, 3 Sc in 2 chain loop, Sc 13, 3 Sc in 2 chain loop, Sc in last two stitches, do not turn, do not fasten off.
Continue to Sc around all 3 edges (2 Sc in the corner stitches) until you get to the first stitch of Row 32. Join to first st in Row 32, finish off, weave in ends.

Finishing:
Fold so you are leaving a 2.5 inch flap on top. Sc side seams together, fasten off, weave in ends.
Turn inside out and sew buttons on front of pouch so they match up to the button holes.

Flower Applique:
I used Alli Crafts Rounded Five-Petal 3″ Flower Applique with a button in the center. Follow her free pattern or you can choose to embellish as you wish.

This is my first time writing a pattern so let me know if they are any kinks or if you have questions!

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photo’s as your own.***

Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peaks and when they will be available on my blog!

Comments

I am in the same boat! Not able to carry a purse anymore, so this is a great solution for my credit cards, license and other must have items for my diaper bag. I am going to link up right now! Thanks for the invite!!

I just wanted to pop in to let you know this was one of the featured projects this week! {http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinteresting-party-week-26.html} Stop by and grab a button if you'd like. :)

I was looking for easy projects to make to sell for Christmas and to give as gifts this is perfect thanks for sharing I will let you know how it comes out.

3. Muriel says

I would like to know how to print ONLY the crochet pattern. Every time I try to print one, I wind up with all the comments too. This usually wastes about 2 – 3 extra sheets of paper.

Muriel, You can use the mouse to highlight only the instructions, then in the print menu, under PRINT RANGE choose "selection" and it will print only the words you have highlighted.

I like the idea of this pattern and will try it. I don't carry a purse normally but when I do go out with a bag and no pockets it would be nice to keep my ID, cash and things in. I was thinking it would be neat to sew a button on the back and make crochet flowers with a hole in the center ( don't use the magic ring) and that way you could make several different fashionable flowers and attach them onto the button and change them out at will.

Oh how nice this is I've been searching for a easy pattern such as this one thanks so much if it's not any problem can I post a picture of my work to ur page so u can see the finishing touches. Thanks hope it's ok please reply so I can get ur permission. Thanks craftyDee…;)

I've made three of these now, and I embellish each of them differently. The are so quick and simple, but adorable. Thanks so much for posting. I found this post on Pinterest, but wanted to be sure to say thank you, and encourage you to keep posting! :)

Hi Sarah! I just bumped in to your blog yesterday and here I am again browsing over your posts. I grab your button so I can easily check you blog. It's great! I made a crocheted clutch bag too on my blog. You can check it on misselayneousthings.blogspot.com. Thanks! I really enjoyed looking over your crochet projects it inspires me a lot.

8. TiffanyC says

I'm soo going to try this with PLARN! ^.^ I think it'd be GREAT for that!! Except the button part may be a little difficult, but I wanna try! lol.
    Thank you SO much for this! I'm gonna have a LOT of fun with this for sure!! I'm also gonna try to make it a little bigger so It might fit my KINDLE!! 😀 (But that will be with yarn for sure. lol)
    Thanks again!
    ~Tiff*

I love this pattern. I am going to definitely try it. your site is officially one of my favs now. I even bookmarked it in my favorites…..might have to make it my homepage!!

Darlene

I made something similar for my husband. He is in a nursing home and kept losing his cell phone. I made a little pouch, put a string on it and he wears it around his neck. I've since made several for people at the home.

Love this, I am fairly new to crocheting and I decided to make this. Your directions were so simple and the clutch is totally cute. I also taught a client at my work how to make one. we made a small change to it because we had no buttons. just made a loop and flower to close it instead.