One of the easiest meals to make in the crock pot is barbecue chicken. All you really need is a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and a couple chicken breasts, dumped in the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low. But I felt like adding a little kick to my bbq chicken this time. I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try. And I’m glad I did because it had the perfect tang and zest to it! I am will definitely be using this recipe again.
– 4 frozen chicken breasts
– 1 12oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like to use Sweet Baby Rays)
– 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons Worcesteshire Sauce
Note: after taking the picture above, I noticed my Wish Bone Italian dressing expired in 3 days and that is just too close for comfort for me. So I used one of our favorite Italian dressings: Bernstein’s Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing and Marinade.
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low. (I cooked it on low for 6 hours)
3. Shred the chicken while it is still in the crockpot and leave it in there on low (or warm) setting for 30 minutes to absorb the sauce.