One of the easiest meals to make in the crock pot is barbecue chicken. All you really need is a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and a couple chicken breasts, dumped in the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low. But I felt like adding a little kick to my bbq chicken this time. I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try. And I'm glad I did because it had the perfect tang and zest to it! I am will definitely be using this recipe again.
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 12oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like to use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcesteshire Sauce
Note: after taking the picture above, I noticed my Wish Bone Italian dressing expired in 3 days and that is just too close for comfort for me. So I used one of our favorite Italian dressings: Bernstein's Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing and Marinade.
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low. (I cooked it on low for 6 hours)
3. Shred the chicken while it is still in the crockpot and leave it in there on low (or warm) setting for 30 minutes to absorb the sauce.
Serve on hamburger buns or sandwich rolls. It's perfect with a side of coleslaw!