I love a good curry. It’s usually one of our go-to dishes at Indian, Thai and Teriyaki restaurants. I have never attempted my own curry until now, and I am sure glad I did because this is a good one! I made my version “0 star” (not spicy) but you could add tabasco sauce to easily spice it up if you are a 4 star kind of person 🙂
– 3-4 chicken breast fillets cut into small pieces
– 1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk. Do not use light coconut milk.
– 1 can water chestnuts
– 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced and quartered.
– 1 yellow onion chopped
– 1 inch peeled and grated ginger
– 3 cloves chopped/smashed garlic
– 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
– 1.5 Tablespoons curry powder
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Mix spices, coconut milk, ginger, garlic, and tomato paste in the bottom of crock pot.
2. Add the chicken in and make sure each piece is coated in sauce. Now stir in garbanzo beans.