Exciting News!

Some of you may have noticed my blog has been a little sparse lately. And I’ve been a little slow at answering my e-mails and responding to my Facebook wall posts and messages. Well, I have a good excuse for this! I’M PREGNANT!! We are so happy to announce that we are expecting baby #3 in mid September :)
It’s been a long journey to this pregnancy. I lost two pregnancies this past year. Both were very early (about 5 weeks along) but I had never had a problem getting pregnant or staying pregnant before so they came as a real shock to me. Then at about 7 weeks with this pregnancy, I started to have some weird pain and I knew something wasn’t quite right. An ultrasound revealed that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. From what I understand, this means that part of the placenta was torn away from the uterus wall, causing bleeding. The warned me that I now had an increased risk of miscarriage. I have been very nervous about this pregnancy and was taking it day by day. But fortunately at my 12 week ultrasound I got the news that everything has healed and there is no more bleeding. The baby looks perfectly healthy and all is well! We couldn’t be happier and couldn’t wait to share the good news with all of you!
So bear with me while I slowing try to weed through my inboxes and I will do my best to at least have 2 new projects for you each week. I’ve been extra tired and had a little bit of nausea to deal with. It is very unfortunate that the only time my nausea really kicks in is when I pick up my crochet hooks or look at my computer for a long time :( But I am hoping to get some energy back in the second trimester and will be able to focus on my blog a little more. Thanks for your support!
I can’t wait to have a little model for all my crochet hats :) You know this means lots more patterns for next fall and winter!

Comments

1. Janice says

So happy to hear all is well with your pregnancy now! Congratulations. Definitely make that new life your priority! :)

Congratulations and Blessings on your family and new addition. Take care of yourself and rest as you can on this journey. As Janice said, that baby is your priority right now, enjoy what you can, when you can. As we are all crafters, we can be patient, so do not stress over the blog or such. Everything in its season. Be well and take care. Such exciting news!!! :-)

Thank you and to everyone else for your kind words and understanding. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, my motherly instincts took over and suddenly my blog wasn't my baby anymore. All I can think about is taking care of this little one inside of me :)

Congratulations!! I know what heartache multiple miscarriages can cause, but let me tell you from experience, a rainbow baby is such a blessing! (Mine just turned 2 in December). Take it easy on yourself. This is such wonderful news!!!

Congrats to you too! I am due Sept. 15 and it looks like both of our oldests are March 2009 babies :) Of course I would love a girl but am ultimately hoping for healthy. I am ok with either gender :) Be sure to keep in touch!!

Thank you! That is too funny that our kids are and will be so close in age! :) My 2nd is a July 2011 baby. I understand – healthy is definitely our first wish as well. I am just determined to have a girl no matter how many tries it takes, and I don't know if I can handle more than 3 kiddos!! Haha!! 😉 Looking forward to following your pregnancy journey. :)

Awesome and congratulations! We also have 2 boys. Not sure if we'll try for a 3rd! I had a miscarriage before I had my now 11 month old. Take care of yourself everything else can wait!

congrats. what a cute way to announce the baby. My grandaughter is due mid Sept also, so I will be a great-grandma! best of luck to you and your family

CONGRATULATION!God is good!What a cute way to announce the newest member of the family! I love the picture. The 'middle' child looks thrilled NOT to be the youngest anymore & the 'oldest' looks like "big deal, I'm STILL the oldest!" LOL :)

I'm so very happy for you and your family. That is such exciting news! I'm so glad everything turned out okay, I know from experience how hard that can be. Someone who had no idea I was bleeding through the first months of my pregnancy back in 1987, gave me a scripture which I'll pass on to you. Malachi 3:11,12 I hope it encourages you!

Congratulations! I just had my 3rd in February. It definitely adds some spice to the house. Take it easy I'm sure we are a patient bunch 😉

So happy for you! We too are expecting #3 and I find that the nausea kicks in when I crochet or work at the computer…however, with me being so excited for tiny new hats, I just cant stop! Best of luck!

Haha so you know what I am going through! The nausea really hasn't been bad at all this pregnancy but wouldn't you know, the second I pick up my hooks or try to work on my blog, I feel all yucky :(

Congratulations, so while you are nesting and awaiting the new arrival will there be lots of baby posts with goggeous little items.
    Good luck for sept, will the eldest be due for sch then?

11. Brenda N says

Congratulations to you and your lovely family! I wish you all the best! Always stay positive and everything will work out great! I truly enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to see more! Blessings on you!

Congratulations! and blessings for a healthy happy delivery. We, too are having a new baby this year- probably our last grand baby. Chase Alexander will be born in July. Our daughter retires from the U.S. Navy in Oct. after 20 years. Her husband retires almost 3 yrs ago. Wishing you all the best.

13. Gina P. says

Congratulations to you and your hubby on your exciting news! I wish you all the best and pray you all have good health and you have an easy pregnancy & delivery. We are excited and hope that you have a healthy baby, but maybe, just maybe, we will get a cute little girl that we can crochet cute little pink things for this time..but if we don't, as long as the baby is healthy is what is best. God bless you and keep you all.

Congratulations! Wonderful news! My oldest daughter just had her 2nd ( and my 2nd grandbaby!) a coupe of weeks ago, a little boy. She has a 4 year old girl as well. My 2nd oldest daughter also just announced she is pregnant with her 1st! I'm pretty excited! Also, thought I'd add…when I was in the baby making stage of my life, I had had my 1st 2, both girls, and was pregnant with #3. At 3 months along, I lost the baby. I then went on to have 2 more miscarriages. It was an incredibly hard time dealing with 3 losses, one after the other. But, after many painful tests, and finding no physical reason why this was happening, my doctor decided to just try antibiotics, as it could have been some kind of virus from either my husband or myself that was causing the miscarriages. I use that term loosely…I never actually miscarried. I had to have D&Cs done to remove the baby. In each pregnancy, the babies had died at 3 months, but my body did not want to release it on it's own. The 2nd was the worst, as it had been twins. After a bout with the antibiotics, I got pregnant again and was able to carry full term. My first boy! I went on to have 2 more, for a total of 5. I had my last when I was 40!

Sue, thank you for sharing your story with me! I am so sorry for your losses but am happy to hear you ended up having 5 healthy babies! And now you are enjoying your grandbabies! I hope my kids give me lots of grandchildren to love and spoil one day :) All the best to you!

Congrats on #3! We have lots in common, I'm expecting #3 this August, I have two boys at home too. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemmorhage at 12 weeks. Haven't had an ultrasound since… having one in a week (hoping to find out the sex too). My oldest is starting Pre-K this fall too. Weird?! Can't wait for new patterns! You are SO talented! LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Oh my goodness we do have a lot in common! Congrats to you as well and I hope that everything looks good at your next ultrasound. I am sure you are very anxious. Keep in touch and let me know when you find out the gender!

• Anonymous says

I am pretty anxious… hoping my hemorrhage has healed. Fingers crossed. I will let you know as soon as I find out the sex. If it's a girl, one of her first hats will be the cupcake hat you just posted. That is too cute! Will you find out the sex of your little bundle? Nice talking with you, Sarah!

I'll be in touch,
      Heather

So happy to hear the good news! My best wishes to you and your family, and may you have many happy days to come!

Pat F.
    Las Vegas

Congratulations! I appreciate all you share with us, and I'm warmed by your generosity. I wish many blessings for your family. I have 4 kids of my own, and #'s 3 & 4 were both quite the surprise for me. Today my "baby" celebrates her 10th birthday, and I have a 1.5 y/o grandson sleeping in the room next to me! Enjoy your babies while you have them!

Oh, congratulations! How exciting! So sorry for the rough start … and for the miscarriages … but here's to hoping for an amazing remainder of the pregnancy! And that baby is definitely your first priority over blogging! We can wait. :)

So sorry about your miscarriages. Congrats on the pregnancy! Darling photo of your sons with the chalk boards. Very creative photography :)

Félicitations et tous mes voeux pour la suite !
    J'adore l'annonce de ta grossesse avec la photo de tes fils ! Quelle bonne idée. Bon week-end.

I'm so happy for you! I was never able to crochet much while I was pregnant – I was too exhausted! I laugh because as babies my nieces and nephews had more handmade stuff from me than my own babies did!

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! I e-mailed you the other day (Melanie) I also had trouble w/my 6th one… I had a blood clotting disorder that can go undetected many times and the baby ends up dying during the second trimester. Fortunatly I was blessed w/a wonderful doctor who caught it in time. I will be sure to pray for you and your bundle everyday! Keep up the great work on the blog and remember to rest! the dishes can wait 😉 Keep us all updated! I think everyone is hoping for some pink flowers in those blue ones 😀

Congratulations. .. grt news …. I had my first baby oct 12 and had gone through this subchorionic haemorrhage too at six weeks. … was advised bed rest. .. dont worry take it a bit slow for the first three months and you should be fine …. my daughter is 5 month now and is already modelling your hat patterns :) hv fun .

Congratulations to you and your family. Babies are the best blessings. I am glad to hear that everything has healed and I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your pregnancy. Focus on your family and the new baby. Everything else can wait! :) :) :)

What great news! Congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm so glad that things have worked out so well. Don't apologize for making your family your priority. Health and family are very important. I hope things continue to keep looking up for you all! 😀

That is awesome! That means more projects haha! Congratulations, I don't even understand how you have the time to do so many wonderful crafts. You keep me inspired and I am definitely a fan =) Good luck with the pregnancy!