I am really excited about this recipe because not only did we have a fabulous pesto chicken over penne pasta dinner, we had the most delicious pesto chicken sandwiches the next day! I found this recipe over at the Picky Palate and made just a couple of changes. With only 4 ingredients, it is so easy!
– 6 oz jar of pesto
– 4-6 chicken breast fillets
– 1/2 cup of chicken (or veggie) broth
– 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
1. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot
2. Pour pesto over the chicken and spread to coat the tops of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle ranch packet over the top.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth and give it a little stir so ranch and pesto are mixed.
5. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 (I cooked mine on low for 7)
Step 1 and 2:
I served the pesto chicken (and sauce) over penne pasta for dinner. Then I shredded the leftover chicken and made some REALLY yummy sandwiches. I placed the sauced up shredded pesto chicken on a toasted hoagie roll, added fresh (melted) mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and little bit of mayo. My mouth is watering thinking of the sandwich I ate earlier, it really was THAT good!