I came across a recipe for baked BBQ chicken dip and not only did it sound good, I thought it would work even better in the crock pot! The advantage of using my small 1.5 quart crock pot for dips is that I can keep it plugged in and warm for as long as I need. Great for parties, barbecues, potlucks and football season!
– 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded. I used a store bought rotisserie chicken and pulled the meat off.
– 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, softened
– 3/4 cup bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
– 1/4 cup ranch dressing
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– optional: green onion, chopped (for topping)
1. In a bowl, mix shredded chicken, cream cheese, bbq sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
2. Pour mixture into crock pot (I used my 1.5 quart crock pot)
3. Cook on low until warm and bubbly (about 1.5-2hrs).
4. Before serving, give it a good stir and top with remaining cheese and green onion and let melt. (only takes a couple minutes)
Serve with tortilla chips. Let your guests dip right into the crock pot! When the top cheesy layer is gone, feel free to add more and let it melt again!