Crocheted Spring Wreath

Nothing is better than the sweet colors of spring. Brighten up your days with this colorful crocheted spring wreath! Don’t let all the pieces intimidate you. The simple spring crochet flower pattern works up in a matter of minutes so you can easily crochet a dozen or two in no time.

– 12 inch round styrofoam wreath. I found mine at Michaels.
– Size H Hook
– Worsted weight yarn. I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in these colors:
Sweet Pea (green) for the main color that wraps around the wreath.
Fern green for the leaves
Pink Poodle, Aqua, Duckie, Goldfish, Cheery Cherry, Lamb, and Dusty Purple. These are all Vanna’s Choice Baby Colors except for the Dusty Purple.
– White Buttons in a variety of sizes.
– Tapestry Needle
– Hot Glue Gun

If you want to add the crochet bee you can find the pattern and materials HERE.

First you will create a long crocheted strip that you will then wrap around and stitch together onto the wreath.

The pattern is simple:
With size H hook Chain 21, SC in second chain from hook and the rest of the way down the chain, chain 1, turn (20 SC) Rows 2-150: SC in each stitch, chain 1, turn (20 SC)
Leave a long long tail after your last row so you can stitch the edges together onto the wreath. When you wrap your crocheted strip around the wreath make sure your rows match up. Now take your tapestry needle and start stitch it together. It always looks like it won’t work out, but keep matching up the beginning of the row to the end of the same row and it will all come together with no lumps or bumps at the end.

Now make it easy on yourself. Grab your hot glue gun and glue those flowers and leaves on!
I created a separate crochet strip to hang my wreath on the door hanger.
Chain 46, SC in second chain from hook and the rest of the way down chain, chain 1, turn
Row 2: SC in first 5, chain 5, skip 5 stitches, SC in next 25, chain 5, skip stitches, SC in last 5, chain 1 turn
Row 3: SC in each stitch across (making 5 single crochets along each chain 5, chain 1, turn
Row 4: SC in each stitch across and continue around piece with a Picot stitch (SC + chain 3 + SC in last chain + SC in next stitch). Fasten off and weave in ends.

If you like this wreath you might like my other seasonal wreaths. Check out my FALL WREATH, WINTER WREATH, and SUMMER WREATH!
*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.***
Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peeks and when they will be available on my blog! And feel free to post pictures of your finished hats and/or links to your shops on my Facebook wall so all can see. Be sure to also follow me on Instagram! I love when you tag me (@repeatcrafterme)!

Comments

I love this! I don't see don't see directions or a link for the super cute bee…could you possibly add that? I want to add this to my "to do" list but I don't think it would be quite as cute without the bee.

Great idea to make a spring wreath in this time of year. In winter I crochet a lot and when the wreath is finished hopefully is almost spring.

Thanks, Margaret

Oh, my gosh!! This wreath is adorable! I must make one, too! Thank you so much for the pattern and tutorial. I think this is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time.

Blessings – Julie

Absolutely adorable! I love the buttons in the flowers and of course I had to look closely to see what color thread/yarn you used to attach them (how does that saying go? Copying is a sincere form of flattery?!?) so I can follow completely!!! Oh and how can I forget, the wreath holder, ingenious!!!

Your wreath is adorable! I checked out your other wreaths too. OMG!! Each and every one is precious. You are so creative in everything you do. I truly appreciate you sharing your patterns with us. We are getting to move so now is not the time for me to start, but once settled, all of your wreaths are first on my crocheting list. I want one of each for myself and hopefully will be able to make one for two sons as well. NEAT Christmas gift idea too.
    In awe and appreciation — Bobbie

Love your beautiful wreath, especially the sweet bee and all the buttons on your flowers. Very creative. I'm still in the "thinking process" of the wreath I hope to begin soon. Yours is definitely an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing it.

I would like to make one and sell it at a craft show that I'm going to be doing in May. How much would you charge for something like this? I'm going to make one for myself to just too cute to not have one in my home. Love all your patterns.

I fell in love with this pattern the minute I saw it and couldn't wait to rush out and buy the supplies I needed to make. Well now I have made it and it looks bright and beautiful hung on my wall. Thank you Sarah for sharing your pattern and I will certainly be checking out your other wreath patterns. Thank you

This is a beautiful pattern :) I came across it when you first shared it, but it came to my mind recently. It took me a while to track it down, as unless I'm going blind it's not under your Crochet tab. It's also not on Ravelry, so the only way I found it in the end was typing the info into a search engine and luckily it then shared the blog post link. I thought you'd like to know this, and I was also hoping you might be able to add it to Ravelry? I'd love to add it to my queue and then when I start it add it as a project, like all the other patterns of yours I've done so far.

I am hoping to find time to make it this year, I recently got some hand dyed yarn in my yarn club box and it's what made me think of this pattern as I think it will suit the yarn well. I made your snowball/snowman wreath last Christmas (well two actually) so I'm looking forward to making a different one. I love this one and it's perfect to hang up from Spring to Summer.

Well I best go but thanks again for sharing a lovely pattern and if you could add it yo Ravelry that would be much appreciated. I am known as Bedcrafter on Ravelry and social media sites :).

Rosie x

11. Lydia says

I followed the instructions exactly, but the green part isn’t nearly big enough to wrap around the ring. And the problem is that it’s not wide enough, so in order to fix it I’d have to start the whole thing over. :(

• Karen says

Hi Lydia, just a suggestion before taking it apart. You could try adding single crochet rows to the side until it’s wide enough…good luck! :-)

FoodDetails about dyed eggs, pasca, cozonaci and lamb drob lamb haggis plus a delicious recipe. someone expalin the extent of Ce8#sescu&ua217;s repression in Romania?… were freezing in their