My husband and I both love tomato soup and this easy crock pot version made a delicious weekend lunch and paired perfectly with a grilled cheese sandwich!
– 28oz can crushed tomatoes
– 32oz box chicken broth(4 cups)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon oregano (I chopped fresh)
– 1 teaspoon basil (I chopped fresh)
– 2 cups half & half cream
– 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
1. Mix crushed tomatoes, chicken brother, salt, pepper, pepper and oregano in crock pot.
2. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Add half & half and butter (optional) and cook another 30 minutes or so until heated throughout.
1. Put 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch in a separate bowl. Whisk in enough warm water to make it a runny paste (like pancake batter).
2. Transfer soup into a saucepan on stovetop. Mix in the thickening sauce and simmer until soup thickens.
Top with parmesan cheese, sour cream, extra basil, or oyster crackers and serve alongside a sandwich!