Oh my goodness! I finally got my hands on the most amazing crochet accessory called The Yarnit!! I am so excited about this product! Let me tell you why: The Yarnit is an unbreakable globe that keeps your yarn ball from rolling on the floor, keeping it clean of dirt, dust, and pet hair! The yarn effortlessly pulls through the portholes which means no tangles or knots to deal with! Plus this cool contraption is portable (shoulder strap included!) and has a handy-dandy storage area at the bottom for stitch markers, tapestry needles, small scissors and all those other “never can find ’em when you need ’em'” items.
Other really neat details:
- Two docking slots on top are perfect for holding your crochet hooks!
- The flexible base will hold to any surface
- It comes in a variety of colors and decals!
- It’s 5” in diameter and without yarn weighs only 7 oz.
- It’s made of Lexan, same material eye glass lens and hurricane windows are made from so it is virtually indestructible. (I refer to it as plastic in the video because I didn’t know any better at the time of filming 🙂
- The base is Latex free, made of soft gripping material. It also fits in your cupholder!
- Centrifugal force design allows your yarn to just breeze from the globe.
Watch my quick little video to see The Yarnit in action and why I like it better than the standard yarn bowl 🙂
Now I know what you are saying… it is too small. I need something that holds more yarn…I need a bigger Yarnit. Well friends, let me introduce you to THE BIG SULLY!
The Big Sully is a new product that is in the works by Yarnit designer and founder Kate Sullivan. The sketches of this prototype show how amazing it will be!
The Big Sully will have all the features of the original Yarnit but it will also be made to accommodate chunky weight yarn and/or multiple colors and balls. A special insert will separate the interior into two sections so you can use multiple 50 gram balls, perfect for doing color work. Or just use it as an open bowl. It will still have the docking slots but now it will also include all your gauges! It will have its own built in locking system and will come with that often need 6″ ruler for measurements.
But here’s the thing…
If you are a yarn enthusiast and yarn artist like me, I hope you will consider donating anything you can to The Big Sully Kickstarter! Even if you have $1 to spare, they could use your donation. As of today, there is only 19 days left to accept funding and they are still $25,000 from their $55,000 goal.
Kickstarter is an ALL or NOTHING platform. Either they meet their goal or all your pledges go away and you are not charged a penny.
Now how about a FREE original Yarnit?! Enter to win one using the Rafflecopter Widget below. Open worldwide!
a Rafflecopter giveaway