Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for! And I’ve got a head start on my DIY decor with this Crochet Halloween Cat Wreath! It’s a fun combination of crochet and other crafty elements that I picked up from Michaels Craft Store. Let me show you how it came together!
Here are the supplies you will need for the wreath:
– 12 inch foam wreath form (found at Michaels Craft Store)
– Wooden craft fence (found at Michaels Craft Store in the wooden crafts section – it measures 9 x 4.5)
– Bernat Super Value Yarn in Carrot (one skein).
– Size H Crochet Hook
– Green Felt (stiff felt works better)
– Hot Glue Gun
– Wooden Trick or Treat lettering (found at Michaels Craft Store in the seasonal Halloween section)
For the Spider:
– 2 black pipe cleaners
– Bernat Super Value Yarn in Black
– Safety Eyes (found HERE)
– Small amount of polyfil fiber stuffing (or you can stuff with scrap yarn)
With your H hook and Bernat Super Value yarn in Carrot color…
Magic ring, chain 1 and make 6 SC in ring, join to first SC, chain 1
Round 2: 2 SC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (12 SC)
Round 3-6: SC in each stitch around, join, chain 1 (12 SC)
Round 7: SC decrease, SC in next, repeat around, join chain 1
Round 8: SC decrease until closed (at this point you may even be able to sew it shut with tapestry needle.
Weave in ends.
Fold pipe cleaner in half and then half again. This will give you 4 equal pieces that you can then cut. Do this to a second pipe cleaner. You should now have 8 legs.
Use a command hook to hook it to your door! The hook can slip between the crocheted stitches on the back of your wreath.