The Crochet Kit That Never Happened

I having some bittersweet news… more sweet than bitter so keep reading :) Over 3 years ago, I was contacted by Horizon Group (they are the parent company of the fabulous CraftProjectIdeas.com with craft products throughout Walmart Stores) and they commissioned me for an exciting project. I created 6 detailed crochet patterns that were to be compiled into a Crochet Kit complete with yarn and hook and all the accessories needed to make each project. Zoe was only 3 months old at the time and even though I had just become a mom of 3 and had my hands full with an infant, 2 year old, and 4 year old, I used every spare minute to multi-task and work on this project. I was especially motivated because this was my first opportunity for a published book! Once everything had been completed and sent over to Horizon Group, I waited. And waited. And waited. Months passed. Then a year passed. I sent a follow up e-mail. News came back that they were waiting for the crochet kit to be picked up by retail stores. Now after several years, I just got the word that unfortunately after much effort, it won’t be picked up by retail at all :( BUT that means that I get to post all the projects right here on my blog for free! And that makes me happy! And I hope that makes you happy too!

Below is a sneak peek at all the free crochet patterns you can expect to see posted on my blog over the next few weeks!

Owl Amigurumi

AmigurumiOwl1

Crochet Monkey Hat
(Can you believe how little Zoe was in this photo?!)

MonkeyHat4

Skinny Scalloped Scarf

IMG_1742

Six Petal Crochet Flower

Flower6

Fingerless Gloves

FingerlessGloves2

Drawstring Bag

DrawstringBag2

Stick around and stay tuned for each pattern and tutorial to be posted in separate blog posts. I will be sure to hyperlink the photo captions above once they are posted!

Comments

1. Terry whitehead says

Awww, so sorry that happened. Perfect kits for begginners and with your great instructions awesome . thanks for sharing them.

2. Susan Sorrells says

I’m so sorry. They don’t know what they are missing. Thank you for sharing. We appreciate your hard work and generous spirit.

3. Sheena says

That’s really too bad for all your hard work! I wonder if there’s another way to make it work? Maybe you could have a book of beginner patterns published like you did with your c2c book? I often recommend your site for beginners since I find your patterns to be clear and organized.

4. Deirdre says

Yet again Sarah, thank you so much for thinking of us & sharing your beautiful patterns.
    Zoe looks so small & very vute in her hat

5. Samantha says

Hey I would buy a qit from you!!! I hate having to find the yarn to make a project that I want to be just the like the picture!!!!

6. Hannah says

Hey Sarah,

Thank you for sharing these (and all your other) great projects. I look very much forward to crotchet the monkey hat for my son. And as I hail from Germany, I must day that I am quite glad that it didn’t work out. 😉
    How rude of them not to answer you though?
    All the best

7. Elsie Perez says

Sorry to hear that your project was shelved. You really should be published because your patterns come out exactly like your post. Hopefully, it is just around the corner. Fingers crossed!

8. Linda W. says

What a disappointment! You are one of the most talented crocheters I’ve seen. I love your patterns. I hope something else works out for you!

9. @squeeze_cuddles says

Sorry to hear things didn’t work out with the crochet kit. Thank you in advance for sharing these patterns with us. Your creations are beautiful. I especially like the Drawstring bag, and the fingerless gloves. Julia xx

I’m sorry to hear that, but I am SUPER excited to learn how to make the monkey hat. It looks so awesome :) I’ve shared your blog countless times with friends who love to crochet. Keep up the amazing work, I have a feeling you’ll be picked up soon for an amazing project!

11. Moira Brunken says

This must be so disappointing. I am very picky and I like every one of your your projects. Unfortunately I have to knit as I am due to have my thumb joint replaced and crocheting hurts too much.

12. Bizetee says

Hi Sarah (my mom’s name)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects. Your little lady looks so cute in your design. She is a blessed little girl to have such a creative mom. My granddaughter Is blessed too because I made her the owl hat which she loves. She has outgrown it so I need to make her another one. I told my granddaughter that the lady who designed her hat has the same name as her great grandmother. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the world.