WOW I just made the BEST soup ever! I am going nuts over this Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup! It is very similar in flavor to my crock pot butternut squash soup but it has a slightly thicker texture and a creamier consistency and taste. Absolutely delicious! You could easily double the recipe and if you are looking for a low-cal option you can replace the heavy cream with light cream or fat free half and half.
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon allspice
– 1 teaspoon brown sugar
– A pinch or two of salt
– 3/4 cup heavy cream (or light cream or fat free half and half)
1. Peal and cut up sweet potatoes and place them in the crock pot. Two cut up potatoes fit perfectly in my 3-quart crock pot)
2. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth over sweet potatoes and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
3. When sweet potatoes are completely soft and easily breaking apart with a fork, transfer to a blender or food processor and puree. Pour back into the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients: cinnamon, ginger, allspice, brown sugar, salt, and heavy cream.
4. Stir and cook another 30 minutes – 1 hour on low in the crock pot.
Serves about 3-4 people.