Crochet Purple Stripe C2C Blanket

PurpleC2C_1

Pretty Purple Stripes! I’ve been working on this blanket for awhile now. It was my back burner project that I would pick up here and there and take with me when I needed something simple and mindless to stitch. I decided it was finally time to finish this WIP (work in progress) and share with you the completed project. The best part is that you can choose any color combo for this blanket and with the repetitive rows, it’s a fairly easy one to complete! A great gift idea for all ages.

– Bernat Super Value Yarn in Damson, White,  and Lavendar. Shop all colors at Yarnspirations.com. This is a worsted weight yarn with a large selection of colors! I’ve been working on this for so long that I’m not quite sure exactly how much I used. I’m guessing 3-4 skeins of lavender and two each of dark purple and white.
– Size H Crochet Hook
– Tapestry Needle

Finished Size: Approximately 52 inches tall x 40 inches wide. I’m a little under 5’3 and this covers my body. You can always increase in size by adding a larger border or by using thicker yarn and going up a hook size or two.

First you will need to download THE C2C GRAPH.
PurpleC2C_Graph

If you aren’t familiar with the C2C technique, I have a video class available HERE for purchase that teaches you this technique! The Crochet Crowd also has a very helpful video tutorial for FREE that shows you the basic technique of corner-to-corner crochet. Check that out HERE.

PurpleC2C_6

PurpleC2C

The Border:
Round 1: With lavender, SC between any two “squares” on your border, chain 2, SC between the next two squares, chain 2, repeat around. Be sure to make a SC + chain 2 + SC in each corner.
Round 2: Continuing with lavender, make 3 SC over first chain 2 space, 2 SC over next chain 2 space, repeat around. Be sure to make a SC + chain 2 + SC in each corner.
Round 3-4: SC in each stitch around with lavender yarn. Be sure to make a SC + chain 2 + SC in each corner.
Round 5: With dark purple, crab stitch (also called a reverse SC) around entire edge. Make a crab stitch + chain 2 + crab stitch in each corner.

PurpleC2C_2

PurpleC2C_3

PurpleC2C_4

PurpleC2C_5

Can’t wait to see your pretty purple stripes! Or whatever color combo you decide on :)

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.***
Want more free patterns? Keep in touch on my Repeat Crafter Me Facebook Page for new pattern sneak peeks and when they will be available on my blog! And feel free to post pictures of your finished hats and/or links to your shops on my Facebook wall so all can see. Be sure to also follow me on my Repeat Crafter Me INSTAGRAM account!

Comments

1. Kira says

I find it funny that you start at the bottom right corner, I start with the bottom left, will that make a difference in how it looks?

2. Ellie says

I am a knitter who dabbles in crochet and this is just lovely! I started one of these yesterday for a graduation gift and am very pleased with how quickly it is coming along. Thanks so much. I might just have to be a c2c convert ( for afghans at least)!

3. Seberina says

Question about the border:
    After the first border round, are there 2 or 3 single crochets in each chain 2 space?
    Thank you!

This blanket is so beautiful and simple! I love your color choices! I’m just getting back into crochet as a break from knitting (because I can never stop working with yarn), and I definitely need to add a C2C blanket to me to-make list! Thanks for the pattern!

5. Patty says

I love your work. I’m making a c2c blanket for the first time just making the basic c2c blanket since it’s my 1st time. I want to keep it simple before trying all the beautiful things you can create with the c2c technique. My question how many rows do I make. How do I finish and do I still need to follow a graph?
    Any feedback will help.
    God bless!

• Karen says

Patty–
      You can make a blanket any size you want! Either square or rectangular. Currently, I am making some scarves 7 squares wide by about 50 inches long. If you want a blanket to be square, just keep going till it is as wide as you wish it to be, then start decreasing . To make a rectangle, make it as wide as you want it to be, then you stop increasing on one side, but keep increasing on the other side till you get it to the length you want. You can design your own if you are using more than one color and could make a graph or just use as many rows of each color as you want it to look.

Go to the video that Mikey of the Crochet Crowd has made ( she has a link to it above) and watch that to learn how to make a rectangle. He does a small swatch of how to do it and explains it very well. There are videos of other people explaining C2C blankets on youtube, too, and I have learned a lot about it from watching some others, too.

I love doing this stitch as I can watch TV and just crochet without even thinking too much about it!

My daughter wants a blanket that covers a double bed, so I have a lot of work ahead of me at some point. I will choose a brand of yarn that has no dye lot, as I have no idea how much yarn I will need, and that way I will always be able to get yarn that will match in the future. I will use several colors and probably just design it as I go along! Just whatever looks good as I’m making it.

I didn’t mean to butt in, but I saw that she hadn’t answered you yet, and I hope this will help you some. The videos on youtube really are very helpful. Good luck with your blanket!