Summer berries are ripe and ready for the pickin! We have a wonderful u-pick farm about 5 miles from our house that we frequent. We stopped by the other day and picked a bunch of blueberries and marionberries. The kids always have so much fun and I love having a surplus of fresh fruit to snack on, cook with, or freeze for later. Right away I used some of our blueberries to make this Crock Pot Blueberry Crumble! It made a delicious summer dessert under a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then I popped the leftovers in the fridge and as the berries/juices/oats jelled together overnight it turned into perfect breakfast bars! (ok maybe more like breakfast bites?).
This recipe works great in a 1.5 quart crock pot. If you are going to use a larger crock pot, I would double the recipe.
– 2 cups fresh blueberries
– 1 1/4 cup quick oats
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/4 cup honey
– 4 Tablespoons softened butter
1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray and pour blueberries into the bottom.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the quick oats, flour, salt and cinnamon. Then add the butter and honey and mix together with a fork until crumbles form.
3. Pour crumbles on top of blueberries in crock pot and cook on low for about 3 hours.